ERYTHROSIN B Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- Flash point:
- storage temp.
- Store at +5°C to +30°C.
- 4.1(at 25℃)
- Colour Index
- Fine Powder
- Deep red to brown
- 6-7 (10g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- PH Range
- Water Solubility
- Soluble in water
- Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- Biological Applications
- Detecting gene expression,phosphoproteins,protease,stress biomarkers; treating age-related macular degeneration,arteriosclerosis,bone metabolic diseases,burns,cancer,diabetes,human immunodeficiency virus infection,obesity
- Major Application
- color filter, light emitting diodes, nanosensors, imaging materials, inks, paints, colored bubbles, detergents, cleaners, cosmetics, oral care agent, hair dyes, antiseptic, treatment of burns, diabetes, obesity, cancer, viral diseases, radio chemotheray, photodynamic therapy
- CAS DataBase Reference
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Erythrosine B (16423-68-0)
ERYTHROSIN B Usage And Synthesis
FD & C Red No. 3 is principally the disodium salt of the monohydrate of 9(ocarboxyphenyl)-6-hydroxy-2,4,5,7-tetraiodo-3H- xanthen-3-one.
The colorant is a brown powder that dissolves in water to give a solution red at neutrality, with a yellow-brown precipitate in acid, and with a red precipitate in base. When dissolved in concentrated sulfuric acid, it yields a brown-yellow solution that evolves iodine and a precipitate of the free acid when heated.
FD & C Red No. 3 is used in dietary supplements, confectionery products, dairy products, cherries, jellies, jams, dessert powders, canned fruit and vegetable products, fish products, condiment sauces and bakery goods.1 .
red to brown powder
Erythrosine B is a derivative of fluorone and is used as a cherry-pink synthetic colour additives used on food products.
Biological stain; color additive.
Erythrosin B (FD&C Red #3) is a colorant. It is not recommended for use below ph 5.0, being insoluble at ph 3–5 but being stable at ph 7 and 8. It has a solubility in water of 9 g/100 ml at 25°c. It has fair stability to oxidation and poor to fair stability to light, while having good stability in 10% sugar systems. It has exceptional clarity and brilliance, having a bluish pink hue with very good tinctorial strength. It has poor compatibility with food components and is used in candies and confections as well as cherry dyeing. The common name is erythrosine.
ChEBI: An organic sodium salt that is the disodium salt of 2-(2,4,5,7-tetraiodo-6-oxido-3-oxo-8a,10a-dihydroxanthen-9-yl)benzoic acid.
- ERYTHROSIN ISOTHIOCYANATE,ERYTHROSIN B ISOTHIOCYANATE, ISOMER II,EITC Erythrosin Isothiocyanate,erythrosin B isothiocyanate
- ERYTHROSIN B - SOLUTION
- ERYTHROSIN,ERYTHROSIN B LACTONE,ERYTHROSIN B,ERYTHROSIN B, SPIRIT SOLUBLE
- ERYTHROSIN AMINE
- ROSE BENGAL
- ERYTHROSIN B
- 4-HYDROXY-3-IODOBENZYL ALCOHOL
- 4-IODODIPHENYL ETHER
- Fluorescein Sodium
- 2-HYDROXY-5-IODOBENZYL ALCOHOL
- 4-IODOPHENYL ETHER
- 400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- 400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- 021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- 010-57411838 010-57411839-
- 400-005-6266 021-58432009