Barium hydroxide octahydrate
Barium hydroxide octahydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 78 °C(lit.)
- storage temp.
- Store at +5°C to +30°C.
- Specific Gravity
- 14 (H2O, 20℃)(saturated aqueous solution)
- Water Solubility
- 56 g/L (15 ºC)
- Air Sensitive & Hygroscopic
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 12230-71-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
Barium hydroxide octahydrate Usage And Synthesis
Barium hydroxide is available as colourless or white crystals. It is odourless and soluble in water. It is stable under ordinary conditions of use and storage. It is incompatible with acids, oxidisers, and chlorinated rubber. Barium hydroxide is corrosive to metals such as zinc. Barium hydroxide is very alkaline and rapidly absorbs carbon dioxide from air, becoming completely insoluble in water. Barium hydroxide is used in analytical chemistry for the titration of weak acids. Barium hydroxide is used in organic synthesis as a strong base. Barium hydroxide decomposes to barium oxide when heated to 800°C.
white crystalline powder
Barium hydroxide octahydrate is extensively used in the manufacturing of barium salts and barium organic compounds; In manufacture of alkali, glass; in synthetic rubber vulcanization, in corrosion inhibitors, pesticides, sugar industry; boiler scale remedy; refining animal and vegetable oils; softening water. Catalyst in organic synthesis.
In manufacture of alkali, glass; in synthetic rubber vulcanization, in corrosion inhibitors, pesticides, sugar industry; boiler scale remedy; refining animal and vegetable oils; softening water. Catalyst in organic synthesis.
It crystallises from water (1mL/g) and readily absorbs CO2 from air. It effloresces to the monohydrate. It dehydrates to Ba(OH)2 in dry air at 100o. An aqueous solution (baryta water) absorbs CO2 to form a white precipitate of BaCO3.
Barium hydroxide octahydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- AC, CCK 26-31
- FMOC-O-SULFO-L-TYROSINE BARIUM SALT HYDRATE
- 6-PHOSPHOGLUCONIC ACID BARIUM SALT
- BARIUM TITANIUM ETHYLHEXANO-ISOPROPOXIDE
- BARIUM GLUCONATE
- 6-PHOSPHOGLUCONIC ACID BARIUM SALT HYDRATE
- COBALT/BARIUM/ZINC OCTOATE BLENDS
- BARIUM TITANYL OXALATE TETRAHYDRATE
- BARIUM FLUOROCITRATE
- Barium hydroxide octahydrate
- Aluminum hydroxide
- Ammonium hydroxide
- Lithium hydroxide
- Barium hydroxide, monohydrate, Ba as BaO 78.5-80.5%
- Sodium hydroxide
- Barium sulfate
Barium hydroxide octahydrateSupplierMore
- 010-82848833- ;010-82848833-
- 400-610-6006; 021-67582000
- 021-58432009 / 400-005-6266