Dimethyl sulfone Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 107-109 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:
- 238 °C(lit.)
- 1,16 g/cm3
- refractive index
- Flash point:
- 290 °F
- storage temp.
- Store below +30°C.
- 28(at 25℃)
- Crystals or Crystalline Powder
- Water Solubility
- 150 g/L (20 ºC)
- Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 67-71-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference
- Dimethyl sulfone(67-71-0)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Dimethyl sulfone (67-71-0)
Dimethyl sulfone Usage And Synthesis
Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM) is an organic sulfur-containing compound that occurs naturally in a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, and animals including humans. a white, odorless, slightly bitter-tasting crystalline substance containing 34-percent elemental sulfur, MSM is a normal oxidative metabolite product of dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO). Cow’s milk is the most abundant source of MSM, containing approximately 3.3 parts per million (ppm). Other foods containing MSM are coffee (1.6 ppm), tomatoes (trace to 0.86 ppm), tea (0.3 ppm), Swiss chard (0.05-0.18 ppm), beer (0.18 ppm), corn (up to 0.11 ppm), and alfalfa (0.07 ppm).MSM has been isolated from plants such as Equisetum arvense, also known as horsetail.
Dimethyl Sulfone has the ability to enhance the body to produce insulin, while it can promote carbohydrate metabolism. It is essential for the synthesis of human collagen. It can not only promote wound healing, but also contribute for metabolic and neurological health requirement of vitamin B and vitamin C, biotin synthesis and activation, so it is known as "naturally beautiful carbon material". Dimethyl Sulfone exists in human skin, hair, nails, bones, muscles and various organs. Once people who are lack of it will get health disorders or diseases. It is the main substance for people to maintain the balance of biological sulfur. It has therapeutic value and healthcare function for people. It is an essential drug for human survial and health protection.
- Dimethyl sulfone can eliminate the virus, enhance blood circulation, soften tissue, relieve pain, strengthen sinews and bones, calm the spirit, enhance physical strength, maintain skin, make beauty salons, treat the arthritis, oral ulcers, asthma and constipation, dredge the blood vessels, Clear gastrointestinal toxins.
- Dimethyl sulfone can be used as food and feed additives to supplement the organic sulfur nutrients for humans, pets and livestock.
- For external use, it can make the skin smooth, supple muscles, and reduce pigmentation. Recently, it surges in the amount as the cosmetic additives.
- In medicine, it has a good analgesic, it can promote wound healing and others.
- Dimethyl sulfone is a good penetrant in medicines production.
Using different purification methods, the products contained different impurities. in the finished product is different purification methods are also different. In general, it is decolored by active carbon, demineralized by ion exchange, and then recrystallized the solvent, dried by vacuum. After that, it is sieved and added an antistatic agent and a slip agent, in order to meet the export requirements. There is no national or ministerial standards. Currently, the countries in the world continue to enforce corporate standards or contract specifications.
white needle-like crystals. Melting point 109 ℃, boiling point 238 ℃, relative density 1.1702 (110/0 ℃), refractive index 1.4226, flash point 143 ℃. Soluble in water, ethanol, benzene, methanol and acetone, slightly soluble in ether and chloroform. Stink.
Use as high temperature solvent inorganic and organic substances, organic chemical raw materials, food additives and health products raw materials, also used as gas chromatography stationary phase (maximum use temperature 30 ℃, acetone as solvent) and analytical reagents.
Dimethyl sulfone is obtained by oxidizing methyl sulfone using nitric acid as oxidation. Methyl sulfone was oxidized at 140-145 ℃ by nitric oxide. After completion of the reaction, It was cooled and filtered to give white needles crude. Then vacuum distillation, collecting 138-145 ℃ (98.42kPa) distillate products which are the finished goods.
antiinflammatory, antiproliferative, antiparasitic
Dimethyl sulfone is a high tempereture solvent for many inorganic and organic substances,it is used as antiinflammatory, antiproliferative, antiparasitic.
Crystallise the sulfone from water. Dry it over P2O5. [Beilstein 1 IV 1279.]
Dimethyl sulfone Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 4,4'-Dichlorodiphenyl sulfone
- 4-Fluorophenyl sulfone
- REACTIVE BLACK 5
- 4-CHLOROPHENYL 2-CHLORO-1,1,2-TRIFLUOROETHYL SULFONE
- Bis(4-hydroxyphenyl) Sulfone
- Bensulfuron methyl
- Methyl cellulose
- Dimethyl carbonate
- Phenylmethylsulfonyl fluoride
- Methyl bromide
- Dimethyl sulfone
- Methyl acrylate
- Methanesulfonyl chloride
- Tosylmethyl isocyanide
- METSULFURON METHYL
- Dimethyl sulfate
- 0532-66720179- ;