BARIUM BROMIDE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 850 °C
- Boiling point:
- 4,781 g/cm3
- Specific Gravity
- Water Solubility
- Soluble in water
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 10553-31-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Barium bromide (BaBr2) (10553-31-8)
BARIUM BROMIDE Usage And Synthesis
Barium bromide has the molecular formula of BaBr2.
Like barium chloride, it is soluble in water but is toxic if
ingested. BaBr2 crystallizes in a PbCl2 motif, as white
orthorhombic crystals that are deliquescent. In aqueous
solution, BaBr2 behaves as a simple salt.
Barium bromide can be crystallized from its solution as a dihydrate, BaBr2·2H2O (molecular weight: 333.19), which forms the anhydrate by heating to 120°C. It dissolves in its own water-of-hydration at 75°C before decomposing to the anhydrate.
White Crysatalline Powder
White orthorhombic crystal; density of anhydrous BaCl2 4.78 g/cm3, and dihydrate BaCl2 ? 2H2O 3.58 g/cm3; melts at 857°C; vaporizes at 1,835°C; readily dissolves in water (92.2 g/100 g water at 0°C).
Barium bromide is a precursor to chemicals used in photography as well as to form other bromides.Historically, barium bromide was used to purify radium in a process of fractional crystallization devised by Marie Curie. Since radium precipitates preferentially in a solution of barium bromide, the ratio of radium to barium in the precipitate was found to be higher than the ratio in the solution.
In the manufacture of other bromides; in the preparation of phosphors.
Barium bromide can be prepared from barium
sulfide or barium carbonate by reaction with hydrobromic
acid to give hydrated barium bromide:
Ingestion of the salt or its aqueous solution can produce severe poisoning.
- Strontium chloride
- Barium fluoride
- Calcium fluoride
- Calcium chloride
- CALCIUM IODIDE
- Calcium bromide
- STRONTIUM BROMIDE
- Barium iodide
- STRONTIUM IODIDE
- Silver chloride
- Cupric nitrate
- Barium bromide hydrate
- BARIUM HYDRIDE
- BARIUM BROMIDE
- BARIUM BROMIDE DIHYDRATE,BARIUM BROMIDE,BARIUM BROMIDE-2-HYDRATE,BARIUM BROMIDE DIHYDRATE CRYSTALLINE,BARIUM BROMIDE DIHYDRATE 99%,BARIUM BROMIDE, PURATRONIC, 99.999% (METALS BASIS),BARIUM BROMIDE DIHYDRATE 99% FOR ANALYTICAL PURPOSE,BARIUM BROMIDE REAGENT,Barium bromide (BaBr2), dihydrate,barium bromide dihydrate, puratronic,Barium bromide dihydrate, Puratronic(R), 99.999% (metals basis),Barium bromide dihydrate, 99%, extra pure,Barium bromide dihydrate, extra pure
- Barium chloride dihydrate
- 400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- 400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- 18930552037 821-50328103-801
- 400-005-6266 021-58432009