Ferrous oxalate dihydrate
Ferrous oxalate dihydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 190°C (dec.)
- 2.28 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- Specific Gravity
- Water Solubility
- Soluble in water. Insoluble in acetic acid.
- Solubility Product Constant (Ksp)
- pKsp: 6.5
- Stable. Hygroscopic. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 6047-25-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Iron, diaqua[ethanedioato(2-)-.kappa.O1,.kappa.O2]-, (T-4)- (6047-25-2)
Ferrous oxalate dihydrate Usage And Synthesis
Iron(II) oxalate, FeC204.2H20, is precipitated as yellow crystals from solutions containing iron(II) and oxalate ions ; in the presence of excess alkali metal oxalate, however, soluble oxalato complexes M2[Fe(C2O4)2] are formed which can be precipitated by the addition of alcohol. The oxalate is paramagnetic with μeff= 5·2 B.M. at room temperature.
Ferrous oxalate, or iron(II) oxalate, is a chemical compound consisting of one iron(II) ion (Fe2) and one oxalate ion (C2O4(2−)). It has the chemical formula FeC2O4. Iron(II) oxalate is more commonly encountered as the dihydrate, FeC2O4·2H2O, CAS # 6047-25-2. Its crystal structure consists of chains of oxalate-bridged iron atoms, capped by water molecules. When heated, it dehydrates and decomposes into carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, iron oxides and pyrophoric black iron.
It is used as photographic developer for silver bromide-gelatin plates. It imparts greenish-brown tint to optical glass (sunglasses, windshields, railroad car windows), for decorative glassware, pigment for plastics, paints and lacquers. It acts as reagent.
- IRON(II) OXALATE
- Iron(II) oxalate hydrate, 95% min
- IRON(II) OXALATE HEXAHYDRATE
- IRON (II) OXALATE, DIHYDRATE/ 99.99+%",IRON (II) OXALATE, DIHYDRATE/ 99.99+%"
- Iron(II) oxalate hydrate
- Ferrous oxalate dihydrate
- Ferrous fumarate
- Citrazinic acid
- Ferrous sulfate monohydrate
- Diethyl oxalate
- FERRIC PHOSPHATE TETRAHYDRATE
- Ferrous acetate
- Stannous oxalate
- IRON (II) OXALATE,Iron(Ii)Oxalate,Gpr,Iron(II) oxalate hydrate min,iron(ii)oxalate[qr
- Oxalic acid dihydrate
- Basic Green 4
Ferrous oxalate dihydrateSupplierMore
- 400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- 400-005-6266 021-58432009