Ammonium iron(II) sulfate
Ammonium iron(II) sulfate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 100 °C
- pale green
- Water Solubility
- g/100g H2O: 12.5 (0°C), 17.2 (10°C), 26.4 (20°C), 33 (30°C), 46 (40°C); insoluble alcohol [MER06] [LAN05]
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 10045-89-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Ferrous ammonium sulfate (10045-89-3)
Ammonium iron(II) sulfate Usage And Synthesis
Iron ammonium sulfate is an analytical reagent in titrations and colorimetric measurements to measure oxidizing substances, such as chlorine, or to measure the chemical oxygen demand in waste water. The compound is used to prepare Fe(II) standard solution for these analyses. It also is a calibration standard in magnetic measurements; a reducing agent; a catalyst for polymerization; and is used in photographic chemistry.
Ferrous ammonium sulfate is a pale green or blue-green solid (powder or lumpy crystals).
ChEBI: A compound of ammonium, iron and sulfate in which the ratio of ammonium to iron(2+) to sulfate ions is 2:1:2.
A light green crystalline solid. The primary hazard is the threat to the environment. Immediate steps should be taken to limit its spread to the environment. Ammonium iron(II) sulfate is used in medicine, chemical analysis and metallurgy.
Air & Water Reactions
Soluble in water that forms weakly acidic solutions. Deliquesces in air.
Ammonium iron(II) sulfate is a weak reducing agent. Irritating and toxic ammonia and oxides of nitrogen may form in fires [USCG, 1999].
Inhalation of dust irritates nose and throat. Ingestion causes irritation of mouth and stomach. Dust irritates eyes and can irritate skin on prolonged contact.
Special Hazards of Combustion Products: Irritating and toxic ammonia and oxides of nitrogen may form in fires.
This substance is used in photography, analytical chemistry and in dosimeters.
A solution in warm water (0.67g/mL) is cooled rapidly to 0o, and the resulting light bluish-green monoclinic crystals are filtered at the pump, washed with cold distilled water and pressed between sheets of filter paper to dry it. The solubility at 25o is 0.36g/mL. It separates as an almost white powder when a saturated aqueous solution is diluted with EtOH.
- Molybdic acid
- Neomycin sulfate
- SULFATE STANDARD
- Ammonium nitrate
- IRON(II) ETHYLENEDIAMMONIUM SULFATE TETRAHYDRATE
- Ammonium iron(II) sulfate hexahydrate, 98.5%,AMMONIUM IRON(II) SULFATE 6-HYDRATE, REAG.,AMMONIUM IRON(II) SULFATE 6 H2O,Ammonium iron(II) sulfate hexahydrate, for analysis, 99+%,Ammonium iron(II) sulfate hexahydrate, for analysis ACS, 99%,ammonium iron(ii) sulfate hexahydrate, acs,ammonium iron(ii) sulfate hydrate, puratronic,Ammonium iron(II) sulfate hexahydrate, ACS, 98.5-101.5%,Ammonium iron(II) sulfate hydrate, Puratronic(R), 99.999% (metals basis),Ammonium ferrous sulfate hexahydrate,
- IRON(III) ETHYLENEDIAMMONIUM SULFATE
- LIGHT'S SOLUTION, FERROUS-FERRIC AMMONIUM SULFATE
- IRON (II) AMMONIUM SULFATE, HYDROUS
- Ammonium iron(II) sulfate
- Ferrous sulfate heptahydrate
- Colistin sulfate
- Magnesium sulfate
- Ammonium sulfate
- Aluminum sulfate
- Ammonium citrate tribasic
- Ammonium hydroxide
Ammonium iron(II) sulfateSupplierMore
- 021-58432009 / 400-005-6266
- 021-67220633 & 021-37212706
- 021-54306202- ;021-54308259