Acebutolol Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- Boiling point:
- 472.9°C (rough estimate)
- 1.1748 (rough estimate)
- refractive index
- 1.5700 (estimate)
- storage temp.
- -20°C Freezer
- pKa 9.40 (Uncertain)
- Water Solubility
- 259 mg/L
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 37517-30-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Butanamide, N-[3-acetyl-4-[2-hydroxy-3-[(1-methylethyl)amino]propoxy]phenyl]- (37517-30-9)
Acebutolol Usage And Synthesis
Cardioselective ?adrenergic blocker. Antihypertensive; antianginal; antiarrhythmic (class II)
Cardioselective β-adrenergic blocker. Antihypertensive; antianginal; antiarrhythmic (class II).
ChEBI: An ether that is the 2-acetyl-4-(butanoylamino)phenyl ether of the primary hydroxy group of 3-(propan-2-ylamino)propane-1,2-diol.
Sectral (Dr. Reddy’s).
Acebutolol is one of the very few β-blockers whosemetabolite plays a significant role in its pharmacological actions.This drug is absorbed well from the gastrointestinaltract, but it undergoes extensive first-pass metabolic conversionto diacetolol by hydrolytic conversion of the amidegroup to the amine, followed by acetylation of the amine. After oral administration, plasma levels of diacetololare higher than those of acebutolol. Diacetolol is also aselective β1-blocker with partial agonistic activity; it has littlemembrane-stabilizing activity. It has a longer half-life (8–12hours) than the parent drug and is excreted by the kidneys.
Acebutolol (Sectral) is a cardioselective 1-adrenoceptor blocking agent that also has some minor membrane stabilizing effects on the action potential. Acebutolol is effective in the management of the patient with essential hypertension, angina pectoris, and ventricular arrhythmias. Antiarrhythmic effects are observed with the patient both at rest and taking exercise.
Adverse effects include bradycardia, gastrointestinal upset, dizziness, and headache.
About half of an orally administered dose of acebutolol (Sectral) is absorbed. Approximately 25% of the drug is bound to plasma proteins, and its plasma halflife is about 4 hours.Metabolism of acebutolol produces a metabolite with -blocking activity whose half-life is 10 hours.
Acebutolol should not be administered in cardiogenic shock, uncontrolled heart failure, or severe bradycardia or to patients with known hypersensitivity to the drug.
- N-ACETYL-L-TYROSINE ETHYL ESTER
- ACEBUTOLOL HYDROCHLORIDE, EP STANDARD,ACEBUTOLOL HYDROCHLORIDE, IMPURITY CN-(3-ACETYL-4-HYDROXYPHENYL)BUTANAMIDE EP STANDARD,ACEBUTOLOL HYDROCHLORIDE, MM(CRM STANDARD),ACEBUTOLOL HYDROCHLORIDE, IMPURITY IN-[3-ACETYL-4-[(2RS)-3-(ETHYLAMINO)-2-HYDROXYPROPOXY]PHENYL)BUTANAMIDE EP STANDARD,ACEBUTOLOL HYDROCHLORIDE, USP STANDARD,ACEBUTOLOL HYDROCHLORIDE,ACEBUTOLOL HCL
- Propranolol hydrochloride
- PHENYL VALERATE
- Acetyl chloride
- Metoprolol tartrate
- 010-82848833- ;010-82848833-
- Please Email