Sodium silicate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 1410 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:
- 2355 °C(lit.)
- 2.33 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- storage temp.
- H2O: soluble
- Water Solubility
- very slightly soluble cold H2O [MER06]
- Stable. Incompatible with acids, most metals, many organic materials.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 1344-09-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Sodium silicate (1344-09-8)
- Hazard Codes
- Risk Statements
- Safety Statements
- UN 2922 8/PG 2
- WGK Germany
- HS Code
- Hazardous Substances Data
- 1344-09-8(Hazardous Substances Data)
- LD50 oral in rat: 1960mg/kg
Sodium silicate Usage And Synthesis
Sodium silicate,NA2Si03 also known as a liquid glass, silicate of soda, sodium metasilicate, and soluble glass, is a grayish-white crystalline powder that has a melting point of 1088 °C (1990 °F). It is soluble in water and has strong detergent and emulsifying properties. Sodium silicate is used to fireproof textiles, insulate electric wire, protect wood and porous stone, grease proof paper containers, and as a catalyst in refining high-octane gasoline.
Lining Bessemer converters, acid concentrators. manufacture of grindstones, abrasive wheels (as binder only).
Sodium Silicate is a product used as a preservative for eggs.
Sodium silicate (Na2O) is known as “water glass” and is used in water treatment and in making soaps, detergents, adhesives, drilling fluids, bleaches.
Sodium silicate (Na2SiO3), better known as water glass, is one of the few silicon compounds that dissolves in water.It is used in the manufacture of soaps, adhesives, and food preservatives.
ChEBI: An inorganic sodium salt having silicate as the counterion.
Sodium silicate (liquid silicate, metso or sodium silicate beads) has the general formula Na2SiO3. The liquid silicates (“O” and “N” brand) are clear, thick liquids, while silicate powder is a granular, white substance. Sodium silicate is a mixture of sodium or potassium salts. Sodium silicates are primarily used in mineral flotation practice.
Sodium silicate is widely used in mineral flotation as depressant, dispersant and as controlling agent of some soluble ions For example, sodium silicate interacts with calcium ions in solution forming nearly insoluble calcium silicate. For industrial and sulfatetype minerals (barite), sodium silicate is usually part of the reagent scheme. Sodium silicate is extensively used in base-metal flotation.
Sodium silicate solution [1344-09-8] pK 1 9.51, pK 2 11.77 (for silicic acid, H4S i O4) Purify by contact filtration with activated charcoal.
Sodium silicate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Sodium chlorite
- Diclofenac sodium
- SODIUM SILICATE, META,Sodium silicate: (Sodium metasilicate),Sodium Silicate, meta, anhydrous
- 8-CHLOROADENOSINE-3',5'-CYCLIC MONOPHOSPHOROTHIOATE, RP-ISOMER SODIUM SALT
- Sodium sulfate
- Sodium chloride
- SODIUM TRISILICATE HYDRATE
- SODIUM SILICATE, META NONAHYDRATE
- Sodium fluorosilicate
- Sodium silicate
- Sodium citrate
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Sodium acetate
- Sodium benzoate
- Sodium hydroxide
- Silicic acid, calcium salt
Sodium silicate SupplierMore
- 13870069999 0796-2628083-
- 400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- 021-54302127 021-54306202-