Diosmin Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- Boiling point:
- 926.8±65.0 °C(Predicted)
- 1.68±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp.
- Practically insoluble in water, soluble in dimethyl sulfoxide, practically insoluble in alcohol. It dissolves in dilute solutions of alkali hydroxides.
- Water Solubility
- Soluble in DMSO (50 mg/ml), water (122 mg/ml at 25°C), and ethanol (<1 mg/ml at 25°C).
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 520-27-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
Diosmin Usage And Synthesis
Diosmin is also called Alvenor. It is a kind of drug for the treatment of hemorrhoid symptoms related to acute episodes, can also be used in the treatment of symptoms associated with venous lymphatic insufficiency (leg heavy, pain, morning acid swells discomfort).
The effects of diosmin are as below:
1, Has specific affinity to the venous system, enhance the tension system without affecting the artery of vein;
2, To the microcirculation system, decrease the blood viscosity, improve the velocity of reducing silt up;
3, Contract the lymphatic system, which can enhance lymphatic and lymph drainage speed, speed up the return relieve edema.
4, Commercially available diosmin uses micronization technology, increase the contact area after using medicine, absorb more and higher bioavailability. Suitable for all kinds of hemorrhoids and acute hemorrhoids, also can be used for the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency, such as varicose veins, leg ulcers, etc.
This information is edited by ChemicalBook Xiao Nan.
1, May appear nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, diarrhea, insomnia, dizziness, headache, drowsiness, anxiety and other adverse reactions.
2, There may be a few of minor gastrointestinal reactions and adverse reactions such as plant nerve function disorder, but generally mild and don't have to stop the drug.
3, Pregnant women and nursing mothers with hemorrhoids are safe to use this product.
People who allergy to any ingredients in this product are prohibited.
Hemorrhoid acute episodes: treatment with this drug can't replace any other special treatments needed for handling anus diseases. This treatment must be short. If symptoms cannot eliminate quickly, anorectal epidemiology check and review should be needed.
This product contains flavonoids which is the effective composition of glycosides in plants. Effective flavonoid content for each piece of diosmin is 450 mg, 50 mg of hesperidin, the total flavonoid glycosides composition (also called Daflon) is 500 mg. General flavonoids have certain biological activity, but low toxicity and rare allergic reactions, if any allergies, stop the drug.
Used in food, medicine, health products, etc
1.Enhance the vein tension, even not exceptional under high temperature condition. It has a stronger effect causing the constriction of vein than other drugs such as rutin, still can enhance the tension of the vein when the body was acidosis. Diosmin has specific affinity for vein without affecting the arterial system.
2. Improve microcirculation. Diosmin can obviously reduce the white blood cells and vascular endothelial cell adhesion, migration, disintegrating the release of inflammatory substances, such as histamine, slow excitation peptide, complement, leukotriene, prostaglandins, and too many free radicals, reducing the permeability of capillaries and enhance its tension. Diosmin can lower blood viscosity, enhance the function of red blood cell velocity, thus reduce the microcirculation clogged.
3. Promote lymphatic circumfluence. Diosmin can increase the speed of lymphatic drainage.
Pregnant Women and Nursing Mothers Drug Use
Pregnancy women use: animal experiments did not show any teratogenic effects. So far, still no harmful reports to human.
Delivery: there is no detailed research data.
Nursing mothers use: although there is no information on drug secreted with breast milk, but treatment is not recommended during breastfeeding.
Naturally occurring flavonic glycoside; rhamnoglycoside of Diosmetin. Capillary protectant
ChEBI: A disaccharide derivative that consists of diosmetin substituted by a 6-O-(alpha-L-rhamnopyranosyl)-beta-D-glucopyranosyl moiety at position 7 via a glycosidic linkage.
- 1,2-Propanediol, 3-(m-methoxyphenoxy)-
- 2',4',6'-Trihydroxyacetophenone monohydrate
- 1,2-Propanediol, 3-(p-acetylphenoxy)-
- Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- 010-82848833- ;010-82848833-