Flufenamic acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 132-135 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:
- 373.9±42.0 °C(Predicted)
- 1.3380 (estimate)
- storage temp.
- Crystalline Powder or Chunks
- pKa 3.9 (Uncertain);3.85 (Uncertain)
- Off-white to gray-green
- Water Solubility
- 0.0265 g/L (37 ºC)
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 530-78-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference
- Flufenamic acid(530-78-9)
Flufenamic acid Usage And Synthesis
Flufenamic acid,AroKor Holdings Inc.
Flufenamic acid is used for moderate pain and dysmenorrhea, but it should not be used for more than 1 week due to the possibility of nephrotoxicity, gastrointestinal toxicity, and anemia. It is frequently used in combination with the anticoagulant warfarin, the effect of which is strengthened when combined with flufenamic acid.
A mixture 31.3 g of o-chlorobenzoic acid, 32.2 g of trifluoromethyl-maminobenzene, 3 g of copper powder, 13.8 g of waterless potassium carbonate and 100 ml amyl alcohol was refluxed for 4 hours. To the cooled mixture was added 25 ml of 10 N solution NaOH and the mixture was concentrated and filtrated. Addition to the filtrate hydrochloric acid and water give a sediment of 2-((3-trifluromethyl)phenyl)aminobenzoic acid. After recrystallization from hexane 2-((3-trifluromethyl)phenyl)aminobenzoic acid have melting point 134-136°C.
Flufenamic acid, N-(α,α,α-trifluoro-m-tolyl)anthranylic acid (3.2.18), is synthesized by the reaction of 2-chlorobenzoic acid with 3-trifluoromethylaniline in the presence of potassium carbonate and copper filings [78,79].
Flufenamic acid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- N-(3,5-BIS-TRIFLUOROMETHYLPHENYL)ANTHRANILIC ACID
- METHYL 2-(3-TRIFLUOROMETHYLPHENYLAMINO)-BENZOATE
- Flufenamic acid
- 4-Dimethylaminobenzoic acid
- α-Lipoic Acid
- Folic acid
- 4-(Trifluoromethyl)benzoic acid
- Ascoric Acid
- 4-Aminobenzoic acid
- Niflumic acid
- 3-(Trifluoromethyl)benzoic acid
- Citric acid
- Anthranilic acid
- Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate
- +86-571-87163895 +86-571-87163893
- 400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- 400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- 021-67121386 / 800-988-0390