Polyquaternium-10 Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 290 °C(lit.)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Cellulose, 2-hydroxyethyl 2-[2-hydroxy-3-(trimethylammonio)propoxy]ethyl 2-hydroxy-3-(trimethylammonio)propyl ether, chloride (81859-24-7)
Polyquaternium-10 Usage And Synthesis
Polyquaternium 10 is a range of polymeric quaternary ammonium salts of hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) reacted with trimethyl ammonium substituted epoxide. Polyquaternium 10 solutions are non-Newtonian and are commercially available 1) in several viscosity grades depending on their molecular weights (they contribute to viscosity of formulations), and 2) with“high” to “moderate”cationic substitution. In vivo tests showed that these cationic cellulosic polymers protect the skin from aggression by anionic surfactants.
Polyquaternium-10 (PQ-10) and Polyquaternium-7 (PQ-7) are two of the most frequently used polymers in commercial shampoos. Both of these polymers form negatively charged complexes with excess anionic surfactant, resulting in reduced deposition because of repulsion by the negatively charged hair surface. The magnitude of this effect depends on the particular anionic used, and on the anionic surfactant/polymer ratio. In all cases, however, conditioning from shampoos is significantly less than from stand-alone conditioners.
polyquaternium-10 is a cellulose polymer and conditioning agent used in skin-conditioning formulations.
There are numerous cationic polymers that provide conditioning benefits, especially improved wet combing and reduced static charge. Important examples of these polymers are Polyquaternium-10, a quaternized hydroxyethylcellulose polymer; Polyquaternium-7, a Hair Conditioners 339 copolymer of diallyldimethylammonium chloride and acrylamide; Polyquaternium-11, a copolymer of vinylpyrrolidone and dimethylaminoethyl methacrylate quaternized with dimethyl sulfate; Polyquaternium-16, a copolymer of vinylpyrrolidone and quaternized vinylimidazole; and Polyquaternium-6, a homopolymer of diallyldimethylammonium chloride.
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- DIETHYLAMINOETHYL CELLULOSE
- TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE
- 1,1,3,3-TETRAMETHYLBUTYL ISOCYANIDE
- N,N-Dimethyl-N-2-propenyl-2-propen-1-aminium chloride polymer with 2-propenamide
- N,N-Dimethyl-N-2-propenyl-2-propen-1-aminium chloride polymer with 2-propenoic acid
- Methyl 2-hydroxyethyl cellulose
- Behenyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride
- Hydroxyethyl Cellulose
- Ethyl cellulose
- +86 351 7031519
- Please Email
- WX:18124570582 TEL：0755-23574479 QQ: 2355327139
- 15372409258 0571-87069506