1,4-Naphthoquinone Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 119-122 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:
- 243.22°C (rough estimate)
- 1,42 g/cm3
- vapor pressure
- <1 hPa (50 °C)
- refractive index
- 1.5300 (estimate)
- Flash point:
- 141 °C
- storage temp.
- Store below +30°C.
- 6.1 (10g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility
- Stable. Incompatible with strong reducing agents, strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 130-15-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference
- EPA Substance Registry System
- 1,4-Naphthoquinone (130-15-4)
- Hazard Codes
- Risk Statements
- Safety Statements
- UN 2811 6.1/PG 1
- WGK Germany
- Hazard Note
- Very Toxic
- HS Code
- Hazardous Substances Data
- 130-15-4(Hazardous Substances Data)
- LD50 orally in Rabbit: 190 mg/kg LD50 dermal Rat 202 mg/kg
1,4-Naphthoquinone Usage And Synthesis
yellow to green powder
1,4-Naphthoquinone is a yellow to greenishyellow crystalline solid. Pungent odor like benzoquinone.
Yellow needles or brownish green powder with an odor of benzoquinone.
Air & Water Reactions
Insoluble in water.
1,4-Naphthoquinone may react with many acids and bases liberating heat and flammable gases (e.g., H2). The heat may be sufficient to start a fire in the unreacted portion of the ketone. May react with reducing agents such as hydrides, alkali metals, and nitrides to produce flammable gas (H2) and heat. Incompatible with isocyanates, aldehydes, cyanides, peroxides, and anhydrides. May react violently with aldehydes, HNO3, HNO3 + H2O2, and HClO4.
ACUTE/CHRONIC HAZARDS: When heated to decomposition 1,4-Naphthoquinone emits toxic fumes and smoke.
Flash point data for 1,4-Naphthoquinone are not available; however, 1,4-Naphthoquinone is probably combustible.
Poison by ingestion, intravenous, subcutaneous, and intraperitoneal routes. Experimental reproductive effects. Questionable carcinogen with experimental tumorigenic data. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
1,4-Naphthoquinone is used as a polymerization regulator for rubber and polyester resins; in the synthesis of dyes and pharmaceuticals; and as a fungicide and algicide.
UN2811 Toxic solids, organic, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials, Technical Name Required.
Crystallise the quinone from diethyl ether (charcoal). It distils in steam. It also crystallises from *benzene or aqueous EtOH and sublimes in a vacuum. [Beilstein 7 IV 2422.]
Ketones are incompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, epoxides, nitrated amines, azo, diazo, azido compounds, carbamates, organic cyanates. May react with many acids and bases liberating heat and flammable gases (e.g., hydrogen) generating heat may be sufficient to start a fire in the unreacted portion of the ketone. May react with reducing agents such as hydrides, alkali metals, and nitrides to produce flammable gas (e.g., hydrogen) and heat. Incompatible with isocyanates, aldehydes, cyanides, peroxides, and anhydrides. May react violently with aldehydes.
Consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices. Generators of waste containing this contaminant (≥100 kg/mo) must conform with EPA regulations governing storage, transportation, treatment, and waste disposal.
1,4-Naphthoquinone Preparation Products And Raw materials
- VITAMIN K1
- 1,4-Naphthoquinone, 2-methoxy-,2-methoxy-4-naphthoquinon
- RARECHEM BW GA 0279
- RARECHEM BW GC 0019
- 1,4-Naphthoquinone, 2-hydroxy-3-(3-methyl-2-butenyl)-,2-hydroxy-3-(3-methyl-2-butenyl)-4-naphthoquinon
- 1,4-Naphthoquinone, 5,8-dihydroxy-,,8-Dihydroxy-[1,4]naphthoquinone,5,8-dihydroxy-4-naphthoquinon
- 1,4-Naphthoquinone, 2,3-dichloro-,2,3-Dichloro-1,4-naphthoquinone (dichlone),2,3-dichloro-4-naphthoquinon
- 1,4-Naphthoquinone, 2-chloro-,2-chloro-4-naphthoquinon
- 1,4-Naphthoquinone, 2-hydroxy-,2-hydroxy-4-naphthoquinon
- 021-60899189-8001 18918189673
- 010-82848833- ;010-82848833-