Sodium gluconate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- 206 °C (dec.)(lit.)
- [α]D20 +11～+13° (c=10, H2O)
- storage temp.
- Store below +30°C.
- H2O: 0.1 g/mL, clear
- Crystalline Powder
- White to light beige
- 7.0-8.0 (100g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility
- Very soluble in water; sparingly soluble in alcohol; insoluble in ether.
- Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 527-07-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Sodium gluconate (527-07-1)
- Safety Statements
- WGK Germany
- Autoignition Temperature
- >200 °C
- HS Code
- LD50 orally in Rabbit: > 2000 mg/kg
Sodium gluconate Usage And Synthesis
- Brightener for nickel iron alloy electroplating. When used alone, it can make the plating solution clear, make the plating surface bright, and make crystal fine and a great leveling. Dosage is 0.1 ~ 0.2 g/L.
- Food additives, electroplating complexing agent, water quality stabilizer, color agent in printing and dyeing industry, treatment agent for iron and steel surface.
- Used in pharmaceutical industry.
- Used as a corrosion inhibitor for circulating cooling water systems, used in electroplating and metal cleaning and used in pharmacy.
- Nutritional supplements, chelating agent and yeast food.
- In the treatment of industrial water, used as scale-corrosion inhibitor. A good compound effect with aluminum.
The calcium gluconate is added into the reaction kettle. Add sulfuric acid aqueous solution while stirring. After mixing for one hour, let it stand for a while and then get it filtered. The filter residue is CaSO4 and gets it removed. The filtrate is added into the neutralization kettle, and a proper amount of Na2CO3 aqueous solution is added to neutralize it. Finally get it through concentration, filtration and drying. Check the finished products with proper packaging.
Within the limit of GMP(FDA，§182．6757，2000).
Weigh the sample of about 750mg. Put it into a dry conical flask of 200ml. Add glacial acetic acid of 75 ml to it. Heat the mixture on the heating plate and after it dissolves, get it cooled. Add several drops of quinaldine red solution (TS-203), use glacial acetic acid solution of 0.1mol/L perchloric acid to titrate the mixture until it gets colorless through microburet of 10ml. Perchloric acid per ml0.1mol/L is equivalent to sodium gluconate (C6H11NaO7) 21.81mg.
white or off-white granular powder
Sodium gluconate,JUNGBUNZLAUER INC.
ChEBI: An organic sodium salt having D-gluconate as the counterion.
D-Gluconic acid was prepared by fermentation of glucose with Aspergillus niger CCM 8004 at 30°C. The fermentation medium contained 150 g/dm-3 glucose, 0.59 g/dm-3 ammonium sulfate, 0.25 g/dm-3 potassium chloride, 0.25 g/dm-3 potassium dihydrophosphate, 0.25 g/dm-3 MgSO4·7H2O, 1.0 g/dm-3 Ca(NO3)2·4H2O, and 1.5 g/dm-3 of a 50% corn-steep liquor. The pH of the culture was maintained at the value of 6.5 during the growth phase and 5.5 (maximum glucose oxidase activity) during the production phase by addition of 11.7 M sodium hydroxide solution. Gluconic acid concentration was determined by HPLC analysis. By neutralization of D-gluconic acid with sodium hydroxide was obtained monosodium D-gluconate.
Low toxicity by intravenous route. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes
Crystallise it from a small volume of H2O (solubility is 59g/100mL at 25o), or dissolve it in H2O and add EtOH since it is sparingly soluble in EtOH. It is insoluble in Et2O. It forms a Cu complex in alkaline solution and a complex with Fe in neutral solution. [cf p 639, Sawyer & Bagger J Am Chem Soc 81 5302 1959, Beilstein 3 I 188.]
- Sodium acetate
- Sodium benzoate
- 6-PHOSPHOGLUCONIC ACID TRISODIUM SALT MONOHYDRATE
- 6-PHOSPHOGLUCONIC ACID TRISODIUM SALT
- 2,4:2',4'-O-(OXY-DISTIBYLIDYNE)BIS[D-GLUCONIC ACID] SB,SB-DIOXIDE TRISODIUM SALT
- GLUCONATE-6-PHOSPHATE TRISODIUM SALT DIHYDRATE
- Sodium lactobionate
- Sodium gluconate
- Folic acid
- Gluconic acid
- Citric acid
- Ascoric Acid
- 8-CHLOROADENOSINE-3',5'-CYCLIC MONOPHOSPHOROTHIOATE, RP-ISOMER SODIUM SALT
- Sodium alginate
- Diclofenac sodium
Sodium gluconate SupplierMore
- 400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- 400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- 021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- 400-005-6266 021-58432009