Triethoxyvinylsilane Chemical Properties
- Melting point:
- Boiling point:
- 160-161 °C(lit.)
- 0.903 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor pressure
- 7 hPa (20 °C)
- refractive index
- Flash point:
- 94 °F
- storage temp.
- Flammables area
- Miscible with organic solvents.
- Specific Gravity
- explosive limit
- Water Solubility
- Moisture Sensitive
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 78-08-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference
- Silane, ethenyltriethoxy-(78-08-0)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Silane, ethenyltriethoxy- (78-08-0)
Triethoxyvinylsilane Usage And Synthesis
vinyltriethoxysilane, is a vinyl-functional silane that may be used to improve the bond between glass fiber or mineral fillers and resins that are reactive towards the vinyl group. It is also employed to functionalize resins via free radical mechanisms - copolymerization or grafting - and to modify surfaces.
vinyltriethoxysilane is mainly applied in these aspects:
- In the preparation of moisture-curing polymers, e.g. polyethylene. Silane crosslinked polyethylene is widely used as cable isolation, and sheathing mainly in low voltage applications as well as for hot water/sanitary pipes and underfloor heating.
- As a co-monomer for the preparation of different polymers such as polyethylene or acrylics. Those polymers show an improved adhesion to inorganic surfaces and they can also be crosslinked with moisture.
- As an efficient adhesion promoter for various mineral-filled polymers, improving mechanical and electrical properties especially after exposure to moisture.
- Improving the compatibility of fillers with polymers, leading to a better dispersibility, reduced melt viscosity and easier processing of filled plastics.
- Pre-treating of glass, metals, or ceramic surfaces, improve the adhesion of coatings on these surfaces and corrosion resistance.
- As moisture scavenger, it reacts rapidly with water. This effect is used widely in sealants.
Colorless transparent liquid
- Vinyl tris(2-methoxyethoxy) silane
- +1-800-423-8616 / +1-503-283-1681